Thursday, August 3, 2017

A Deal With the Devil

"The devil doesn’t smile...The devil smirks."
--Tiffany Reisz, The Red
Genre: Adult Contemporary Fantasy Erotica
Publisher: 8th Circle Press
Pages: 249
Publication Date: July 11th, 2017
Source: ARC provided by publisher
Find on: Goodreads | Amazon

My Thoughts

The Belle 
When I heard Tiffany Reisz was writing an erotica I immediately added it to my TBR. Her Original Sinners series changed my life in so many ways that I'll be here all day if I had to list them. The Red is an erotic fantasy which is something I had never read before. I don't even know if there are any books in this sub-sub genre (heh, sub, get it?) but I digress. This Erotic Fantasy is about a woman whose art gallery is way in the red...that is named The Red. A man comes to her and offers to save the gallery by paying her in expensive paintings and in return she will give him one night a month with her in the biblical sense. She agrees.


The plot was incredible. I read this in almost one sitting because once I started I was immediately enthralled. The story weaves its magic on the reader and I was transported into the world of Mona and Malcolm and all their depravity. And depravities there were. The twist is when Malcolm wants to visit Mona he leaves a picture of a painting. They will then act out said painting and it gets...weird. But so hot. It is SO HOT. Call me a pervert, call me depraved, some of it made me head tilt and say, 'holy shit, is she going there?' and duh, it's Tiffany, she goes there and more.

The book is on the shorter end with each chapter the title of the painting they act out. So it is really read as more of a serial, I think that's the word I'm looking for. There isn't really any other plot outside of Mona's nights with Malcolm. The time in between their meetings is briefed upon but not a focus at all. This didn't bother me, honestly, I really just wanted to get to the next Malcolm encounter thus why it read more like a serial than a novel just to let you know. I could see how some people would want more in between and filler but I honestly didn't. I was here for Malcolm and everything he came with.

This book is not for the faint of heart. It deals with fantasies that to the average person would be really freaking weird. I've come to expect the unexpected from Tiffany and that's what I love about her books. She explores the deepest and darkest of sexual fantasies and I love her for it. The fantasy element also played a big part in this and I LOVED how it all came together at the end. It was a little odd and felt quite rushed but eh, whatever. It wasn't what I expected and wasn't my ideal ending or twist but I did enjoy it and it did fit with the story, in my opinion.

I would definitely recommend this if you loved her Original Sinners series or are looking for something to really make you think about the blurred lines of sexuality. As always, Tiffany's books always make me think and I look forward to the next sexual adventure with her!

Backstage Pass
If you depravity, art history, and a little bit of magic...this book is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...