Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Adventures in the Great Wide Somewhere // Vancouver, British Columbia



A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of visiting Vancouver, British Columbia! I've been to Canada before, Toronto, Quebec City, and Montreal, and loved it! (Minus Montreal but that's another post and story). I fell in love with Vancouver! I love when cities have the juxtaposition of urban downtown style AND nature; Vancouver has this and so much more. Canada is so incredibly beautiful and I could spend months wandering around this gorgeous --and massive!--country! But alas, I only had 4 days. These were my favorite parts.

Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
I was SO incredibly excited to go here! I have no issue with heights and love the adrenaline rush of any risk-taking venture. The cliff walk was SO cool and the huge suspension bridge rocked back and forth and was so freaking cool I was giggling like a school kid. It was one of the coolest places I have ever been! There was also a treetop walk through several smaller suspension bridges that made me feel like I was in the Hunger Games, hehe. Best ever!

Sea to Sky Highway
Thank to Alyssa, from Swept Away by Books, I was able to experience the Sea to Sky Highway as a passenger and get the inside info of all the great stops along the way up to Whistler. It was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The water, the islands, the mountains, the rocks. Indescribable. The stops at Porteau Cove, Brandeywine Falls, and Whistler were so incredible. It made me fall in love wtih Canada only that much more!

Stanley Park
I got some wicked good free admission tickets from my rental car and an hour carriage ride through Stanley Park was one of them. What a beautiful place of nature right in the middle of the city! You can bike or walk around if you so desire but with my bum knee it was getting carted around.

Harbor Cruise, Downtown Vancouver, & Gastown
A Harbor Cruise during my rainy day was a perfect way to spend the morning. Even with the rain, the harbor was still beautiful. I was able to walk around downtown Vancouver in between the rain and take an impromptu bookshop tour. It was so fun! I didn't find any books to buy but it was still great to see the city and see some books. Gastown was also SO fun to walk through before the rain made it unbearable. Brick-lined streets and old clocks and trolleys made for such an old-fashioned environment and I loved it. Definitely check this out if you're looking for a place to wander.

I wish I could have spent so much more time in Vancouver and British Columbia in general! I loved it there and already cannot wait to go back and explore some more. Have you been to Vancouver or Canada? What are you favorite spots?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...